What is Email Marketing?
Email marketing for beginners can feel a little daunting, however these four simple steps will help get you started quickly, easily and affordably.
The first step is to define what is Email Marketing:
So, any email to a contact can be defined as email marketing.
Why Email Marketing?
Although social has been making waves in the marketing community for the last number of years, email is regaining some lost ground with mobile leading the way.
The statistics back this up:
- In the U.S. every dollar spent on email marketing generates $38 in return on investment. – DMA
- In comparison to social media or direct mail, email has the highest purchase conversion rate (66%) – US-based Data and Marketing Association.
- Email marketing technology is used by 82% of B2B and B2C companies. – Ascend2
- 72% people prefer to receive promotional content through email, compared to 17% who prefer social media. – MarketingSherpa
- Email is 40 times more effective at acquiring new customers than Facebook or Twitter. – McKinsey
- 75% of Gmail’s 900M users access their accounts via mobile devices. –TechCrunch
As you can see from the data, email is making a comeback and it’s easy for small business to get started.
Step 1 : Software
With so many different Email Marketing solutions on the market, how do you choose the right solution for your needs?
An easy-to-use system that provides stylish emails and newsletters is a must.
Step 2 : Build Your Email List
Make it easy to subscribe to your newsletter. Keep it simple. Let potential subscribers know what to expect before they sign up.
New York Times bestselling author Neil Patel, has some great ideas on how to build an email list using social, email, website, webinars and lots more. Find out more at: https://neilpatel.com/blog/quick-email-marketing-lists/
Step 3 : Design & Content
Choose a good design
Keep your email design simple, clear and ensure it looks great on both mobile and desktop. You can see a selection of the free newsletter templates available with Groupmail.
Take care to write good quality content in your newsletters. Email is great to distribute content that you have may have already produced elsewhere, such as videos, blog posts, tutorials and more.
Step 4 : Results
Measurement is key to improving and creating successful campaigns.
Real-time email tracking activity can be uses to find out how many of your recipients have opened your message and which recipients they were.
You can also find out how many and which recipients click on a link in your message. Knowing who your subscribers are helps you deliver more personalised content.
No matter your level of experience, you can create professional Email Marketing campaigns easily and quickly with Groupmail.