This article will show you how to quickly install Groupmail email newsletter software on Linux.
Before You Start
- 1.6GHz or faster processor
- Ubuntu 12.04, Fedora 21, Debian 8 and later.
- 4 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended)
- 2.0 GB of available hard-disk space to install
- 1280 x 800 display resolution (at 100% scale factor)
- Internet connection required for product login, email creation and send.
Email newsletter software on Linux – steps to install
Double-click on the Groupmail file to load the installer
The default file is called groupmail-linux-x64-installer.run and is in the folder /home/user/Downloads. (You will need to modify these instructions to fit your situation.)
- Open a terminal (Applications->Accessories->Terminal).
- Enter in: cd /home/user/Downloads (Return)
- Enter in: chmod +x groupmail-linux-x64-installer.run
- Enter in: sudo -E ./groupmail-linux-x64-installer.run
Note: Installation on Linux requires the use of
sudo -E flag in order to work around issues with the setting of the %HOME% variable in some distros (notably Debian 10 – so safest course is to always supply the flag during installation).
Failure to supply the -E flag may result in the Groupmail data folder being stored in the wrong place so that the application doesn’t run properly!
This will then launch the Groupmail Setup Wizard. Click Forward to continue.
The License Agreement will then display, you need to choose “I accept the agreement” to continue with the install.
Groupmail is now ready to install. Click Forward to begin the installation.
The following screen will appear once the installation has completed. Click Finish.
You are now ready to begin using Groupmail. Launch Groupmail from your menu. (It might take a little time to open for the first time as it runs the services required.)
Once Groupmail has installed login with your Groupmail email address and password, or sign-up for your Free account.
That’s it, you are now ready to use Groupmail on Linux.
The following articles will help you begin using Groupmail:
Create your first group
The first step to get started with Groupmail.
Import your contacts
Import your contacts to a Groupmail group.
Create your first campaign
Create your first email newsletter campaign with Groupmail.
If you have any questions or need any help to get started, please reach out to us at email@example.com.